Price: 69,900 PHP
Duration: 14 Days (plus 2 day of IE)
- 14 days program followed by 2 days PADI Instructor Examinations
- Qualified as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor , EFR Instructor
- Optional Free 2 Day Prep Course
- Fun Diving for course duration
- 5 specialty instructor courses
- Discount accommodation options
- PADI Divemaster, or leadership level with another diver training organization.
- Be 18 years old.
- Have a minimum of 60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course dive rescue assessment
- Certified diver for six months.
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
Live the Dream
As a scuba instructor you will be able to:
- Open hearts and minds to the hidden beauty of nature’s creation and our obligation to protect it.
- Foster self-esteem in another person.
- Teach the value of character and integrity.
- Transform another human being and change a life for the better and forever.
- A scuba instructor has the opportunity to see…
- Fear changed to courage.
- Faintheartedness converted into accomplishment.
- Timidity transformed into confidence.
- Anticipation turned into passion.
With Pata Negra Divers` PADI Instructor level training course, you can live the dream and be part of a vibrant industry in many amazing tropical locations.
Fantastic weather, great visibility and a diverse marine environment all contribute to Panglao’s reputation as the ‘mecca’ of scuba diving and one of the world’s premier location for anybody aspiring to be a PADI Professional.
Once you have completed the Instructor course you have a ticket to travel the world, meeting interesting people, experiencing different cultures and visiting incredible places whilst working along the way.
There are few careers as rewarding as teaching scuba diving.
Located on the Danao Beach on Panglao Island, Pata Negra Divers offers seven times a year PADI Instructor Development Courses (IDC).
Conducted by experienced team of PADI Course Directors, provides the highest quality training necessary for you to easily pass the Instructor Examination and be fully prepared for teaching in the real world. Remarkable 100% pass so far.
We also offer a full range of Instructor Internships programs allowing you to teach a wide range of PADI courses as well as gain important real life teaching experience and certifications increasing your employment prospects.
Beyond this we offer both the PADI IDC Staff Instructor & PADI Master Instructor Internships for those of you that ultimately wish to become a PADI Course Director.
PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC)
To become a PADI Instructor, first you’ll need to complete the Instructor Development Course (IDC). This 14 days course is designed to introduce various teaching techniques for teaching in a classroom, a confined water environment and also in Open Water.
You will learn more advanced dive theory, as well as perfect the demonstration quality scuba skills you first mastered on your Divemaster course.
We will introduce you to the entire PADI system of diver education as well as discuss the latest Business & Marketing trends in the industry. We will also look at Environmental concerns and make sure you have the necessary Standards and legal knowledge necessary for a qualified PADI Scuba Diving Instructor.
After that, you’ll be examined by PADI staff from PADI HQ in Australia. Over two days you’ll be examined to make sure you are able to teach scuba diving safely, working to PADI instructor standards.
Here’s a breakdown of the costs involved in taking your PADI instructor training here on Panglao island, Philippines. There are three expenses involved in training to become a PADI Instructor – courses, fees and materials.
PADI IDC & IE Fees
Instructor Development Course – 69,900 PHP (including Emergency First Response Instructor EFRI)
There are a number of application and examination fees, all of which must be paid by the candidate directly to PADI.
2020 PADI Fees paid directly to PADI
- PADI Instructor Exam – $AUS 975
- PADI Instructor Application – $AUS 280
- EFR Instructor Application – $AUS 193
- PADI Specialty Instructor Application- $AUS 111 (optional)
PADI IDC Materials
For your own set of PADI Instructor and EFR Instructor Manuals & Materials, you can purchase our IDC Crew Pack for 22,000 PHP.
- PADI Backpack
- PADI Guide to Teaching (Paper version & Digital Version)
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- PADI Quizzes & Exam Booklets (Open Water, Rescue Diver, Divemaster)
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual (Digital Version)
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Instructor Outline (Digital Version)
- PADI Open Water Course Prescriptive Lesson Guides (Digital Version)
- Positive Approach Selling (Digital Version)
- Dive Lesson Planning Slates (Confined and Open Water)
- Open Water, Advanced, Rescue Diver, Divemaster course Instructor Cue Card
- Hologram Decal
- Instructor Candidate Information
- EFR Guide to Teaching (Paper version & Digital Version)
- In addition you’ll also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual. As of 2010, the Instructor Manual is included in the PADI Divemaster crew pack and as a Renewed PADI Divemaster it is available as a free download from https://www.padi.com/mypadi/
Alongside the IDC, we offer dormitory in our resort with 4 beds ( 600 PHP Per Night /7,000 PHP 17 Nights Pack ).
Facilities include aircon, WIFI, and private bath with hot shower. The accommodation to make sure your stay here is economic, comfortable, and easy for your course.
If you prefer something more up market, there are detached private bungalows or houses with multiple bedrooms, kitchens etc. These range from 15,000 – 30,000 PHP per month, depending on location, size. etc.
We’re happy to show you around all room options on arrival and help find somewhere you are happy with. And if you have any special requests, please feel free to let us know and we’ll do our best to help